Bar/Restaurant upfit

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarchris

I'm bidding a Bar Restaurant and looking for some guidance. As I have mentioned before I do mostly resi work, so I don't stay in touch with commercial pricing and pitfalls of the job. This Job is upfitting a 3 year old restaurant and Bar to more of a bar with a restaurant....bigger bar, more taps....burgers and pizza type deal. Typical strip mall place you've been a thousand times. The kitchen is supposed to remain the same sans some equipment change out that isn't to be priced at this time. It is assumed that the ANSUL stuff is good to go. They are moving a wall to expand the bar back 10' or so. There will be items in the bar itself, so pipe will have to be installed to the bar from the rear wall of the bar, if that makes sense. The floor in the bar will be demo'd for the pipe and drain work so that shouldn't be too bad to work out. they are moving lighting in dining area, moving POS stations, adding TV's, adding a cooler, changing the layout off an office and reworking the bar that I mentioned. lighting fixtures not included in bid. The Kegs/ drink machine stuff will be remotely located in the new cooler, so that stuff isn't under the bar as usual. Is there anything I need to be aware of? What kind of figures are you guys coming up with? how many manhours, etc?I did a florist upfit this summer and was real tight with my numbers at the very end.....probably was a wash by the time you figure in all the bid work and meetings that I didn't bill. This job is at least 45 minutes away and 20 minutes from any supply house (15 min to lowe's in a pinch). Thanks again

Bar
Bottle cooler (115V 7.6A) under bar
Display case/refrige (rear wall of bar)
5 recs under bar (general use, GFCI...of course)
4 recs on rear wall of bar (general use, GFCI's)
Bar display lighting, probably some specialty cans, I figured 9...wasn't spec'd
Main/general overhead lighting behind bar for staff

Dining area
Move/ add 36 pendant lights (for tables)
Add TV recs and cable
5 POS stations
add or move 15 general use recs, (for vaccum etc.)

New cooler circuit, cooler is going to be added to exterior with door from inside.

office
computer station
move 2 recs for new door
move switch
add 2 recs

cadpoint

I can?t help with the man hours!

I will state that my engineer friend always states that with a restaurant 42 space panel they always seem one space short. With all the add?s you might be into a second panel. Now not to void the spec?s, or to try to get by an inspection, but in most cases any receptacles in kitchen not only are GCFI but on its own circuit. Frankly I don?t know why they do this but this is what I?ve seen on his sheets. Nickel to a dime that panel it full!

So you could easily be into additional service or an additional panel, I doubt they have a good existing panel schedule, even if only three years old; and the Owner / GC will baulk at inquires about seeing old monthly electric bills on existing service. Did they supply a corrected panel schedule?

Sounds like a nice job that?s a pain to get answers on! JMO! If it?s in one of the larger city around us, they will look at it with a very keen eye.

Hopefully your job doesn't reflect only the wishes of an Architect playing Engineer!

Good Luck!

kwired

Electron manager
but in most cases any receptacles in kitchen not only are GCFI but on its own circuit. Frankly I don?t know why they do this but this is what I?ve seen on his sheets.

Because most of them will have at least a 1000 watt appliance plugged into them

Status
Not open for further replies.