Johnson Perpetual Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Npstewart

For some reason I have been getting a ad on all the websites I have been going to that leads me to this "Johnson Motor". Probably because all of my cookies in my temp folder have something to do with electrical.

Anyway, the actual device is probably a scam but after I looked up this motor, I found that the technology is actually somehow legitimate. Has anyone ever heard of these things? Is this like the "bloom box"? That device that is great but too expensive to build?

I have a strong science background but this is kind of over my head after you really look into it....

Here is the link:

http://www.johnsonmotor.org/rw/index.php

PS> I know this thing is probably a scam because it says "The device that your electric company doesn't want you to know about". In reality, the electric company wants you to use less electricity. Its not like they make hoards of money, they can't even turn a profit and always need subsidization from the government.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
It's a little too "scammy" for my taste. They tell you intriguing things then when you want to know more, they don't put out unless you "invest". Classic scam M.O. in my opinion. People I associate with in other forums have nothing good to say about it, it comes close to over unity, but it does stop just shy of it from what I've seen.

This site seems to make a big deal about him getting patents, but when I have more time I'm going to peruse those patents a little closer to see what they actually say it is patented AS. An old joke is that you can get a patent on a bath tub as a bottle opener, as long as you are vague enough in the description of the bottle that it will actually open.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
It did not take long for the sales pitch to lose its interest. It is a scam. There is no perpetual motion machine, and there can never be one. Nothing comes without something to start with. Energy can be transformed, but not created.

stickboy1375

It's a little too "scammy" for my taste. They tell you intriguing things then when you want to know more, they don't put out unless you "invest". Classic scam M.O. in my opinion. People I associate with in other forums have nothing good to say about it, it comes close to over unity, but it does stop just shy of it from what I've seen.

This site seems to make a big deal about him getting patents, but when I have more time I'm going to peruse those patents a little closer to see what they actually say it is patented AS. An old joke is that you can get a patent on a bath tub as a bottle opener, as long as you are vague enough in the description of the bottle that it will actually open.

Cant believe I just watched that video. :) lol...

bob

Last edited:

BJ Conner

IT works

IT works

It works, we won't know how well unless we can see the guys bank account.
IF you assume it's being presented to provide a device that can generate power your wrong. If you correctly assume it's to get people to send in $49.95 your correct. If he can get 10 people to send in $49.95 a day I would say it works pretty good.

PT Barnum said "There's a sucker born every minute". He was wrong - there is at least 10 born ever minute. You can get to a large percentage of them on the internet. i

bob

K8MHZ I googled your OSHA post
OSHA 1910.304(g)(2)(iv) "One phase conductor of a multiphase system where one phase is grounded shall be grounded"
and right under it I found

"The neutral conductor of a multiphase system in which one phase is used as a neutral conductor shall be grounded"

OK if you say so.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
JR give them your VISA and send it to me. I will let you know how it works.

Oh.
Uh, OK, sure.

Tell you what, I have a better idea. As a gesture of good faith, we'll both deposite $50,000 in a joint bank account I set up in the Bahamas and when I see that you have fullfilled your part of the bargain, you can take your money back plus the $49.95 from my portion. You go first...

T

T.M.Haja Sahib

Perhaps T.M.Haja Sahib can explain to us how it works.

You are funny.:thumbsup:

The video the OP describes does not open for me.

Anyway,I want to state a magnetic field can not supply energy by itself,but it can transfer energy:if it moves the rotor of an induction motor,it derives its energy for doing so from an external source,say the power grid for example.

Suppose the inventor tries to move an iron object on a circular track with permanent magnets laid along the track with N and S poles alternating.The iron object can not move perpetually because the net attractive force on the object exerted by the upstream magnets will be counterbalanced by the net attractive force of the downstream magnets.

Suppose the inventor thinks up a clever way.He uses electromagnets instead of permanent magnets and also uses an automatic arrangement to switch off the downstream electromagnets continually as the object begins to move.In this case the object can move around the circular track 'perpetually'. How is it possible?

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
K8MHZ I googled your OSHA post
OSHA 1910.304(g)(2)(iv) "One phase conductor of a multiphase system where one phase is grounded shall be grounded"
and right under it I found

"The neutral conductor of a multiphase system in which one phase is used as a neutral conductor shall be grounded"

OK if you say so.

I'm sure that whoever wrote that gibberish makes WAY more money than we do. Sad, isn't it?

kwired

Electron manager
You are funny.:thumbsup:

The video the OP describes does not open for me.

Anyway,I want to state a magnetic field can not supply energy by itself,but it can transfer energy:if it moves the rotor of an induction motor,it derives its energy for doing so from an external source,say the power grid for example.

Suppose the inventor tries to move an iron object on a circular track with permanent magnets laid along the track with N and S poles alternating.The iron object can not move perpetually because the net attractive force on the object exerted by the upstream magnets will be counterbalanced by the net attractive force of the downstream magnets.

Suppose the inventor thinks up a clever way.He uses electromagnets instead of permanent magnets and also uses an automatic arrangement to switch off the downstream electromagnets continually as the object begins to move.In this case the object can move around the circular track 'perpetually'. How is it possible?

But you need to apply energy to make something move. This is the basics of any generator - cores, coils, magnetic fields, it still takes an energy source to make either the field move or the core and coil move to produce electric current. You are also not going to get more energy in the output than what was input. You will lose some energy (as heat) due to friction, windage, and other inefficiencies.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
T

T.M.Haja Sahib

But you need to apply energy to make something move. This is the basics of any generator - cores, coils, magnetic fields, it still takes an energy source to make either the field move or the core and coil move to produce electric current. You are also not going to get more energy in the output than what was input. You will lose some energy (as heat) due to friction, windage, and other inefficiencies.
Did I deny the law of conservation of energy?

Status
Not open for further replies.