Looking for panel mounted digital amp meters..

Status
Not open for further replies.

B4T

I looked at a job today where customer has a single phase (400) amp service with (2) 200 amp. panels..

I want to mount digital amp meters so when (20) KW. generator kicks in they know exactly what load is running during peak summer time hours..

Google has many listings.. but you guys are my first choice to ask what model works best.. :thumbsup:

Something that comes with an enclosure that holds (4) meters would be perfect..

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
I've used Simpson panel meters with CT donuts with no problem. I didn't like how their customer service tech is some guy with a strong, hard to understand Indian accent. He seemed very knowledgable, but was so hard to understand, I'd have to repeat back to him what I thought he said, just so he could say "yes" or "no". Very frustrating to the say the least.

I've also used Red Lion meters and their customer service guy was very helpful. His first language was definitely English. No problems there.

With that said, in any future orders, I'd definitely prefer using Red Lion. A panel meter with CT donuts is a pretty straightforward deal, you should have any problem setting it up no matter which brand you choose.

http://www.redlion.net/Products/DigitalandAnalog/DigitalPanelMeters.html

Status
Not open for further replies.