words

Status
Not open for further replies.
the words approved,identified,listed,labeled and marked(to a lesser degree) seemed to be used
interchangable in the code. my question is, dose any one of these words take presadence over
any of the others?? Also if something is identified who identfied it?

sorry about the spelling, any information would be a big help

thanks for the tip,but my problem is the way the words seem to bu used interchangable.

ex question cable trays and their fitting should be

a listed
b labeled
c indentified
d marked
e approved

it seems the that approved should be the answer becaues the ahj is has the last word,reguardless of the wording in the code book.

thanks agaif for the information . (I'll figgered out spell-check sooner or later)

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
the words approved,identified,listed,labeled and marked(to a lesser degree) seemed to be used
interchangable in the code. my question is, dose any one of these words take presadence over
any of the others?? Also if something is identified who identfied it?

sorry about the spelling, any information would be a big help

These words actually have VERY specific meaning and they are by no means interchangeable. This is something you better learn if you are intending to interpret the code on your own as opposed to always having an overseer (journeyman, boss etc.) telling you what to do.

An item is identified for the purpose is is intended for in many different ways. An item that is listed for a use is identified by that listing. This is an example of the difference between these two words. Listing is not identifying, it is one of several means to identify an item for its intended use.

Status
Not open for further replies.