fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
I have been working off & on, for the last 6 weeks or so, for acustomer that sustained major fire damage. 1 million plus. Time is limited to get operational by fall. Today I get a pdf for the office building. Nothing but floor plan. Need asap of. Of course. Production building they need by Friday morning. Not even a floor plan yet. Where is that guy that wanted to be an estimater a few months ago? He could help me have some of this fun.

templdl

Have you thought of making up you own BOM that far exceeds what you would anticipate what the job really may entail? Come up with a number that is about double to what you estimate that it may end up as.
When they crap their pants ask them what they want to take out to reduce the estimated price.
They wanted a number by Friday and don't agonize over it. It's a waist on time to do otherwise and, yes, have some fun.

Occupation
EC - retired
Have you thought of making up you own BOM that far exceeds what you would anticipate what the job really may entail? Come up with a number that is about double to what you estimate that it may end up as.
When they crap their pants ask them what they want to take out to reduce the estimated price.
They wanted a number by Friday and don't agonize over it. It's a waist on time to do otherwise and, yes, have some fun.

The request is from the GC. I will get him a number but it won't be pretty. Previous commitments mean I have 1 day. I spend more time than that doing a take off for a home.

Speshulk

Gotta love it when people don't realize that estimates don't just happen out of thin air.

I currently have a plan for an addition for an elevator. The demolition plan calls for an area next to a window to be widened to accomodate a doorway. The only problem is that the area to be demolished is right where the existing breaker panel that feeds the entire floor is located. As you might guess, there is no mention of relocating this panel in the blue prints.

My question: Where is my commission from the architect for pointing this fact out to them? Why didn't they visit the building before drawing up the plan? The response to my email pointing this out was "I appreciate your diligence." I really wanted to reply, "I'm frustrated by your lack thereof."

Occupation
EC - retired
What is the weight of the print? ;}

Gonna have to start charging by the byte. PDF. One page. Floor plan. Email from htg contract includes 301 KW electric heat. I have 600 Amp feeder available. Says nothing about the additional new office building that needs to be feed from same feeder. Nothing about all the new and existing equipment that I know will be going in. Or the two 400' feeders that used to leave the building in an entierely different location. Oh did I mention they moved the electrical room entirely and it is smaller than what is was before?

They want it by 2PM. Notice my eye twitching? Yup, fun.

Oh, no EE involved. Twitch. Twitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.