Inspection process

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
Almost the same here in NJ and re-inspections for violations are free*.

*Actually nothing is free but we don't pay an additional fee. :cool:

Reinspection fees here (as result of correction notices) are $50 first reinspection, $75 second, and $100 each time after that - if all resulting from same original correction notice. Licensed people that know what they are doing don't get many correction notices. We used to allow homeowners to file permits and do their own work and that resulted in inspectors making many repeat visits to same project. Now a homeowner can only file permit and work in their primary place of residence. A new home under construction is not a primary residence until it is completed, and has to be done by licensed people.

satcom

Almost the same here in NJ and re-inspections for violations are free*.

*Actually nothing is free but we don't pay an additional fee. :cool:

Except in New Jersey the Inspection departments are revenue neutral, and by law they are not allowed to use tax payer money, to fund the inspection departments, the inspection fees must support the AHJ operations.

stickboy1375

In MA, NH, CT, RI most cites and towns have their own inspectors. They are paid from the permit fees and / or the local taxpayers.

They will come out mutilple times as the project progresses.

Yep, and the smaller towns can really be an issue with "Not in my town" attitude, most of the inspectors have some type of fire department background, and let me tell you, they come up with some doozie code requests. The real issue I have is that the contractors just abide as to make him happy for some uncertain reason, I just don't understand this logic when it comes to making money...

Status
Not open for further replies.