niche light/ water bonding requirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizak

-Would a wet niche light with a stainless steel bezel trim meet the requirements for the 9sq inches of intentional water bonding? Actually there are 2 fixtures so the surface area is adequate, just didn't know if the particular fixture would have to be listed to meet this particular code requirement. It appears there is a portion of the fiberglass shell that has a specific metallic piece made into it that comes in contact with the lamp and bezel assembly as it's installed. Thanks much.

stickboy1375

-Would a wet niche light with a stainless steel bezel trim meet the requirements for the 9sq inches of intentional water bonding? Actually there are 2 fixtures so the surface area is adequate, just didn't know if the particular fixture would have to be listed to meet this particular code requirement. It appears there is a portion of the fiberglass shell that has a specific metallic piece made into it that comes in contact with the lamp and bezel assembly as it's installed. Thanks much.

If the material equals the required sq. inch, then yes, another example is a bonded metal ladder...

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
not sure how many fiberglass pools you do, but a few years ago i bought some of these - http://www.bondsafe680.com

its a metal plate you can install in the back of the skimmer. the guy i was doing fiberglass pools for went out of business, so i haven't used it in probably two years. back then they ran about $60/ea. I bought them from the local City Electric Supply. Not sure who is distributing it now.

stickboy1375

not sure how many fiberglass pools you do, but a few years ago i bought some of these - http://www.bondsafe680.com

its a metal plate you can install in the back of the skimmer. the guy i was doing fiberglass pools for went out of business, so i haven't used it in probably two years. back then they ran about $60/ea. I bought them from the local City Electric Supply. Not sure who is distributing it now.

Or... just buy a metal ladder and bond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.