Does this transformer's secondary need to be bonded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 14"x16" Motor Starter box. If I jump of the line side of a 208 3-phase Motor Starter to a 208/24v 100kVa Single Primary transformer with fuses for both H1 and H2 do I then need to bond X2 to the ground bar inside the Motor Start box? I've been searching and I can't seem to find an answer with this set-up. I've attached a picture that can hopefully illustrate better than I can explain. Thanks.

xformerbond.jpg

Thanks that was very helpful. Now in this case would the X2 lead need to go directly to the ground bar inside the enclosure and then out since there are no terminals directly on this transformer? Or would it be ok to run it to a terminal block and then jumper a wire between there and the ground bar? I'm guessing the latter is incorrect but it would be much more simple if that's not the case considering the length of wire I am given off the transformer.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Thanks that was very helpful. Now in this case would the X2 lead need to go directly to the ground bar inside the enclosure and then out since there are no terminals directly on this transformer? Or would it be ok to run it to a terminal block and then jumper a wire between there and the ground bar? I'm guessing the latter is incorrect but it would be much more simple if that's not the case considering the length of wire I am given off the transformer.
Check your voltage to ground, and check out Art. 100 definitions of Premises Wiring System.

copper chopper

all I can find is 250.20 A2 and any one of the methods listed in 250.8 would work. are you making this cabinet yourself or is this a modifiacation to an excisting one?

what does the manufacture of the transformers instructions or label say on it? ground or no ground on X2?

Status
Not open for further replies.