Swimming pools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inspector has failed my company on an in-ground swimming pool. We use a P-4 pool equipment panel which has contacts and relays built in to accommodate pool equipment. We fed the contact for the filter pump with a 20amp 220volt GFCI circuit breaker. The filter contact has options to jump power to auxilary contact for other items, for this job as all others the auxilary contact was used for pool booster pump. All directions with panel and manufactoring specs show the use of one breaker feeeding to pumps via two contacts. This is a practice we have done for several years in all counties of Maryland yet in Calvert county ,(which we have previously used this application a dozen times without a problem), we have just failed. After contacting the inspector on this he qouted code 435 and yet when I discussed it with him to no avail on my interpretation he insists on me using an additional $150 GFCI breaker to feed 2 pumps. The total motor draw is less than 14amps which meets the criteria of 80%. The equipment panel has interlock prevention as well which will not allow both pumps to start up at the same time.(3 minute delay-even thought if both were to start simaltaneously it would be a brief 16.4 amps but interlock prevents this) Please help me with a solution or guide me to a sensable argument to present to the electrical board of Calvert County seems odd all other districts deem this code worthy and correct??

Thanks,
Concerned business owner
Dale Abell
A&G Electric

Status
Not open for further replies.