Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Got this PM from a new member- he is looking for help

samy_snow@msn.com said:
Ok, so I began taking an online Electrician's course back in 2010 and I just earned my Diploma. I live in Pennsylvania, and I was wondering if possibly you could direct me in the direction that I should go in order to move forward expeditiously in the Electrical field. I have done some residential work on my own home, i.e., I've installed my own dryer on a 30amp circuit with 10awg, my range on a 50amp circuit with 6awg and other miscellaneous outlet connections. I don't have any other experience and was just wondering if you have any idea?:?

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Go find a shop to aprentice in . Online is no place to learn this trade as a hands on electrician.

John120/240

Apply for a job with a local contractor (residental, commercial, industrial.) State your experience

& start out as a gofer. Or find an experienced electrican & be his attic mouse. Volunteer

with Habitat for Humanity & learn what you can. Hang out here at MH Forum & ask questions ?

Good Luck & Welcome to the Forum.

Where do I go from here???

Where do I go from here???

Yes indeed gentlemen,

I agree doing online isn't anywhere near the real life situation. For example, I don't even know how you guys do conduit with a bender. Reading about it and doing it is going to be a real challenge for me. I have been applying in many places just haven't had anyone interested enough yet. I really appreciate all the input I've gotten from each one of you, thank you all!!

I am certain that after reading many of the post on this site that learning never stops in this career, and to me that is just like being in the trucking industry, I always had a day when I felt like a Rookie. There would always be a new way for me to nogiate a turn with a 53' trailer within a certain community within a city throughout America. Therefore, you can all refer to me as 'The Rookie.' hahaha

Again, Thank you!

resistance

I agree with the others. Things are slow here, so work may be hard to find in other areas?as they may also be slow. Personally, I would strike for electrical related to utility work?seems they have a more rewarding and stable work history. Industrial sounds good too!! Wish I could start over!!!

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Yes indeed gentlemen,

I agree doing online isn't anywhere near the real life situation. For example, I don't even know how you guys do conduit with a bender. Reading about it and doing it is going to be a real challenge for me. I have been applying in many places just haven't had anyone interested enough yet. I really appreciate all the input I've gotten from each one of you, thank you all!!

I am certain that after reading many of the post on this site that learning never stops in this career, and to me that is just like being in the trucking industry, I always had a day when I felt like a Rookie. There would always be a new way for me to nogiate a turn with a 53' trailer within a certain community within a city throughout America. Therefore, you can all refer to me as 'The Rookie.' hahaha

Again, Thank you!

Welcome to the forum!
I tell you ya never stop learning in this field. This forum is a great place to ask questions , learn and tech. I know you need to make money however you need to get out and on the job working for reputable companies even if for low pay. Good Journeyman will teach you a lot. If you make their day go smooth they will show you the way. Always be safe, Don't assume the power us off allways check it with a proper tester.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.