Feeding Roof Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
What determines whether you would estimate running RGS on the roof for motors etc. or whether you would run EMT in the ceiling below and stub up to the motor? Thanks.

iwire

Staff member
Cost, derating, fire proofing. Got a specific project or general question?

Exactly, there will be a million things that play into it.

But in general my first choice would be a cable method inside right to the location and with any luck get up inside equipment without ever being exposed to the weather.

The less 'on the roof' the better for all.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Cost, derating, fire proofing. Got a specific project or general question?

When looking at a drawing and you a fan or some other piece of equipment how do decide how you will feed it...exposed conduit or pop up from underneath.. Not exposed. I would imagine this is a choice that must be made during the estimating process as its either EMT or RGS. Like I originally asked ... How do you make that call? Thanks

stevebea

When looking at a drawing and you a fan or some other piece of equipment how do decide how you will feed it...exposed conduit or pop up from underneath.. Not exposed. I would imagine this is a choice that must be made during the estimating process as its either EMT or RGS. Like I originally asked ... How do you make that call? Thanks

All things considered I think the majority of the time it is more cost effective to run pipe inside the building and then hopefully come up through the curbing into the equipment vs running on the roof.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
All things considered I think the majority of the time it is more cost effective to run pipe inside the building and then hopefully come up through the curbing into the equipment vs running on the roof.

Yes but I was wondering what would prohibit running EMT in the celing below or why you would have to run RGS on roof

Status
Not open for further replies.