LV

Status
Not open for further replies.

resistance

I believe I read that Low Voltage—such as Cat5e—has to be installed per Chapter 3 wiring methods? Or am I drinking too much Starbucks?

resistance

So you think a jb is required at every junction for telephone or network?
good point, but I believe stapling the cable was changed to meet chapter 3 wiring methods wasn’t it? I guess I should have been a little more lucid in my question! Like I once said, "pick-up the book, and check for yourself”. I will initiate my own suggestion.

Last edited:

kwired

Electron manager
Might depend exactly what you are talking about. Communications cables such as the mentioned Cat5 cable - I find nothing suggesting securing and supporting requirements. If you are running low voltage or communications in raceways - maybe the applicable section of ch 3 would at least apply to the installation of the raceway itself.

One case that comes to mind where you do need to supply low voltage circuits with chapter 3 wiring methods is in 411.4(A) for concealed wiring for low voltage lighting systems.

resistance

I believe my memory was referring to 800.24:
Communications circuits and equipment shall be installed in a neat and workmanlike manner. Cables installed exposed on the surface of ceilings and sidewalls shall be supported by the building structure in such a manner that the cable will not be damaged by normal building use. Such cables shall be secured by hardware, including straps, staples, cable ties, hangers, or similar fittings designed and installed so as not to damage the cable. The installation shall also conform to 300.4(D) and 300.11.

Status
Not open for further replies.