hm.. trying to wrap this into electrical somehow.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
i'm thinking electric fence......... or shotgun....

but what i really want is a way to be rid of a troop of 5 large raccoons....
i counted that many at 4 am night before last, and they are starting to
wreak havoc in then neighborhood.

any suggestions other than the electric fence?

just trap and relocate, or is there something that'll make them just move on?
they are firmly settled in my neighbors yard.... :(

kwired

Electron manager
First thing is remove any food sources, as well as keep food remains in your trash so that they are inaccessible to them. If you have pets do not leave food out overnight, raccoons will eat just about anything that you or your pets will eat. They are nocturnal and you should not see much activity from them during the day unless you stumble across wherever they are hiding out. If you find them active during the day get animal control involved - they may be sick and you don't want what they have.

If all else fails call "Billy the Exterminator" :) Although when he catches raccoons it is usually a little more business as usual type of routine, he is more fun to watch when removing venemous snakes, gators, or a hive of bees or something that is usually more of a direct threat, not that you can assume a coon will just be passive, but they generally don't get too aggressive.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Just read an article in the paper how mountain lions are expanding their range throughout the midwest. Get one or two of those. Racoon was listed as one of the main food sources.

i like that... has a nice "over the top" feel to it... like hunting golphers with a 30-06 in caddyshack.
the little snarkie things just woke me up again.... 4:17 am.... :rant:

oh, well... might as well get an early start at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.