LEDs and induction draw so much spammers... and sometimes T5s too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric-Light

Positively no product links in this thread.

I come here and see a handful of deleted threads.

What is it about LEDs and inductions that make them a attractive to spammers?

-Posted from LED backlit monitor in fluorescent lit work area.

TNBaer

EL, you're right. I'm on LinkedIn and almost all of our discussion on lighting get taken over by LED people trying to sell us LED highbays or some other ridiculous, over-priced product. To be honest, I have no idea how these guys are even in business. I don't see their products out in the field, I have no idea who is buying enough $60 LED T8 replacement tubes to keep these companies in business.

Electric-Light

EL, you're right. I'm on LinkedIn and almost all of our discussion on lighting get taken over by LED people trying to sell us LED highbays or some other ridiculous, over-priced product. To be honest, I have no idea how these guys are even in business. I don't see their products out in the field, I have no idea who is buying enough $60 LED T8 replacement tubes to keep these companies in business.

Some LED products heavily utilize word-of-mouth marketing. Anecdotes are not necessarily accurate,but if it appeases the buyers, so be it.

So and so(a popular gearhead guy who runs a tuner shop in car scene) has so and so brand ultra super efficient LED shop lights and they're great.

Seeing lighting in their shop is "seeing is believing" but looking at something doesn't establish long term reliability, energy efficiency and anything that's not immediately visible.

If he's a sponsor for the event they like and he's a sales rep, there's a mild social reciprocity to buy products from him....

A lot of crap products get sold on concept of social reciprocity especially to consumer and small businesses.

iwire

Staff member
Positively no product links in this thread.

I come here and see a handful of deleted threads.

What is it about LEDs and inductions that make them a attractive to spammers?

-Posted from LED backlit monitor in fluorescent lit work area.

Yeah, it is shameful when sales people jump into threads just to push the products they sell.

mivey

Yeah, it is shameful when sales people jump into threads just to push the products they sell.

Let's review the play in super-slow-mo.

sarcasm:
mode of satirical wit

wit:
a: astuteness of perception or judgment
b: the ability to relate seemingly disparate things so as to illuminate or amuse

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
It's how an industry brainwashes the public. Bombard every possible media channel with something positive about LED lighting. Even though you might not even know what it is or have any use for it, eventually everybody buys some kind of lighting product and when they see LED it clicks as a must have. They don't understand or remember why, all they know is that they heard so much about it so it must be good. The same thing was done with "digital" and more recently "VoIP". Nobody wanted anything electronic unless it said "digital" on it. Now everything telephone has to be VoIP because "it saves money or is free" :sick:.

-Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.