How much should be the A/E fees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharan

How much should be the A/E fees for a generator building housing 6 generators (880KW each apx.) in Chicago? Cost of construction estimated to be $35 million.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
it is pretty random. there are packaged buildings that can be put up with virtually no A/E required other than site preparation type work.

if the site does not have any unusual situations, you might get by really cheap.

OTOH, you might have to fill in a swamp.

barclayd

880x6= 5280MW (Mile High megawatts)
Is it going to be a "Packaged" building with six generators out in the middle of nowhere in Chicago? Is there Site-work? Roads? Utilities? Storm sewer? Evironmental permits? Fuel storage? Building permits?
Do you connect to, and coordinate with existing electrical grid? Is there paralleling switchgear? Commissioning? Maintenance training?
10% to 15% MINIMUM.
db

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
The unknowns include whether you need civil engineers to deal with grading, drainage, and utilities, whether you need structural engineers to deal with the foundation and support structure of the building, whether you need plumbing engineers to deal with a restroom, whether you need fire protection engineers to deal with a sprinkler system, whether you need mechanical engineers to deal with heating, ventilation, or cooling systems, or electrical engineers to deal with paralleling switchgear, lighting systems, automatic transfer switches, and power to the diesel engine auxiliary equipment. Oh, and did I mention architects and landscape architects?

OK, I type too slowly. Barclayd beat me to the draw.

kwired

Electron manager
I don't see this as any different than the many times people want to know what to charge for an installation.

What is your overhead costs, how much of your time is it going to take and what is desired profit (over that time period)? Consider those things and charge accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.