30"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
Typically, if it's easily removable then it's a cover not a door. You measure the working space of a covered enclosure after removing the cover completely. You measure the working space of a door enclosure with the door fully open.

I don't believe the 90 applies to operating that sort of door. It applies when you remove the whole cover for service.

If you remove the cover there is no need for a 90 degree opening requirement, cover should be laying wherever you set it.

Is there a minimum depth requirement for a door that does not expose you to live parts when opened?

Good design practice may consider this, but I don't believe it is a code problem.

pfalcon

If you remove the cover there is no need for a 90 degree opening requirement, cover should be laying wherever you set it.

Is there a minimum depth requirement for a door that does not expose you to live parts when opened?

Good design practice may consider this, but I don't believe it is a code problem.

A removable cover would be >90 since it's effectively opened 360.
Depth of door? The measure point is the opening of the enclosure the live parts are contained in.

pfalcon

110.26(A)(2), last sentence...

Presumes that you've already passed:

110.26(A) said:
... likely to require examination, adjustment, servicing, or maintenance while energized ...

It's just my opinion on this but ...

the handbook repeatedly states an example for examination to be using a voltmeter. And while energized usually refers to being in a state where that energy can be a hazard. Service I find questionable since I'm supposed to test my GFCI receptacles every month.

I personally don't see 110.26(A) applying to the pictured box until the cover is removed. The door doesn't seem relevant to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.