you think this is UL listed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Maybe it was as UL was around in 1894. That is a great piece of equipment. Had a guy on another forum offer to give me something similar but the logistics to get it was too much.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Here is the pic-- at least this has a cover

130cc3bf.jpg

Last edited:

kwired

Electron manager
Now if we only knew when it was installed, we may be able to cite a violation - you think we can still get original installer to change it:)

If you turn the whole thing 90 degrees clockwise it would be ok.

We also do not really know which way is up or down in the photo.

fmtjfw

Now if we only knew when it was installed, we may be able to cite a violation - you think we can still get original installer to change it:)

All right you caught me, my Dad and I put that in in 1904.:happyno:

It is indeed possible that the picture as shown has been rotated. I find some cruft that would indicate bottom as being as should in the picture. Look under the bottom row of switch handles. Also look at the shadows, it appears the light source is at the top in the picture. This is all conjecture.;)

kwired

Electron manager
All right you caught me, my Dad and I put that in in 1904.:happyno:

It is indeed possible that the picture as shown has been rotated. I find some cruft that would indicate bottom as being as should in the picture. Look under the bottom row of switch handles. Also look at the shadows, it appears the light source is at the top in the picture. This is all conjecture.;)

Shadows are in the right place if caused by an overhead light source.

templdl

Gee, I don't what has changed but today we have to deal with arc flash issues. It seems to me that they didn't have arc flash issues back when this stuff was used.
A little humor if your not too fussy.

kwired

Electron manager
Gee, I don't what has changed but today we have to deal with arc flash issues. It seems to me that they didn't have arc flash issues back when this stuff was used.
A little humor if your not too fussy.

Not trying to be too critical, I like your humor on this, but as time went on and more power was needed in just about every facility,as a result the necessary transformers needed to supply the power increased and so did the arc flash energy levels. Not saying that equipment did not have issues with safety, but when it comes to arc flash, that variety of equipment actually became even more dangerous over time in most instances.

hurk27

You are very correct, I have seen a few of these old panels over the years and we even have some where I now work and the fuses are always at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.