Puerto Rico

Status
Not open for further replies.

acwservices

Anyone licensed or know anything about electrical licensing in Puerto Rico? I have tried to google some information on this, and so far all of the information that I have located is in Spanish. Since i cannot read Spanish, the information is useless to me. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Anyone licensed or know anything about electrical licensing in Puerto Rico? I have tried to google some information on this, and so far all of the information that I have located is in Spanish. Since i cannot read Spanish, the information is useless to me. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

I met a guy the other day in a CE class from Washington state that was also trying to become licensed in Puerto Rico. He indicated that he was having difficulty passing the exam due to the language barrier. He said the test is given in english upon request but the translation is so poor that it is very difficult to understand.

ceb58

I met a guy the other day in a CE class from Washington state that was also trying to become licensed in Puerto Rico. He indicated that he was having difficulty passing the exam due to the language barrier. He said the test is given in english upon request but the translation is so poor that it is very difficult to understand.
I wonder why they don't bend over backwards to accommodate the English speaking/reading people as we do the Spanish?

sgunsel

I've been to Puerto Rico for other reasons in the past, and they always seemed to resent workers from the states. I suspect that is still true. They like visitors and their money, but not competitors.

Greg1707

Occupation
Business owner Electrical contractor
competition

competition

I've been to Puerto Rico for other reasons in the past, and they always seemed to resent workers from the states. I suspect that is still true. They like visitors and their money, but not competitors.
This is not unique to PR. Lots of people around here do not like people arriving from other areas, including other towns, cities and states, looking for work. People especially don't like people competing for work who do not speak the local language.

CM10

Besides your credentials you need to have a physical address with your name to get a master license in Puerto Rico, they call it perito electricista

Status
Not open for further replies.