transformers and flex conduit

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacautomation

we recently had an company inspector tell us that a dry type transformer was required to be connected to the conduit system with flex, we cannot find this in the code book? these were on an industrial control rack we piped in with ridgid. Thanks

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
we recently had an company inspector tell us that a dry type transformer was required to be connected to the conduit system with flex, we cannot find this in the code book? these were on an industrial control rack we piped in with ridgid. Thanks

It's not in the NEC but it may be in their specifications and or code.
Ask him to show it to you.

raider1

Staff member
Using flex to make the final connection to a transformer is a good wiring practice but not a code requirement. You may find it in some specifications.

Chris

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
What if the transformer is suspended? Flex required or not? If sitting on the floor or on a pad not required as others have stated.

Rob%27s%20Work%20024.JPG

jusme123

Occupation
JW
...never liked the idea of 'stacking' transformers. They were designed to dissipate heat, with ambient temp in mind, but the added heat from another transformer stacked below it is what I never liked, it just adds to the higher transformers operating temp..

iwire

Staff member
...never liked the idea of 'stacking' transformers. They were designed to dissipate heat, with ambient temp in mind, but the added heat from another transformer stacked below it is what I never liked, it just adds to the higher transformers operating temp..

When you are the one paying for the floor space you will be free to spread them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.