Another missing panel cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Cole

I'm a new member here, so I'm still learning the ropes. I did check out a thread called "Missing Panel Cover" and my circumstances are similar. I'm a residential electrician in need of a particular panel cover, and I was told by a local Square D distributor that "you'll never find it, it's obsolete." Talk about a challenge? Oh, I read and am aware of the fact that I could get one made, but my customer would like to avoid that. So I thought, why not post the the info on this forum?

The Panel is a Square D QO 200amp 20/40. The catalog number is QON20-40MW200-1 Series L8

If you have this, or know of a place where I might find it, I'd appreciate your help

Riograndeelectric

I would also call around to the surpluss guys who buy and sell used electrical equipment.
Vey hard to find replcement panel covers. best thing to do is either replace the whole panel or have a replacement cover made by a metal fabrication shop.

ceb58

I'm a new member here, so I'm still learning the ropes. I did check out a thread called "Missing Panel Cover" and my circumstances are similar. I'm a residential electrician in need of a particular panel cover, and I was told by a local Square D distributor that "you'll never find it, it's obsolete." Talk about a challenge? Oh, I read and am aware of the fact that I could get one made, but my customer would like to avoid that. So I thought, why not post the the info on this forum?

The Panel is a Square D QO 200amp 20/40. The catalog number is QON20-40MW200-1 Series L8

If you have this, or know of a place where I might find it, I'd appreciate your help
Since you are in Durham you could go over to Dennis Alwon's house and take his, he wont miss it :lol:. You could get the Cutler-Hammer replacement gut kit for the can. It will come with a new cover.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Since you are in Durham you could go over to Dennis Alwon's house and take his, he wont miss it :lol:. You could get the Cutler-Hammer replacement gut kit for the can. It will come with a new cover.
I got an old ITE breaker box-- sorry. Durham has a lot of Sq. D and Chapel Hill used to before they finally got a supply house around here- about 30 years ago.

kwired

Electron manager
Square D QO and Cutler Hammer CH series are just about the only ones I am aware of where you can actually buy a cover only, but all they sell is ones that fit panels in current production. Most all others I know of you get the cover with the loadcenter when you purchase it. And I am not really all that familiar with CH anymore, but used to install it a lot 20+ years ago, and back then we used to get the covers separate from the panels.

I have purchased QO covers for current panels and modified them to fit older panels before. Find the one that is closest in size to what you need and give it a shot.

May not work quite as well for the older 100 amp panels that were usually in narrower cabinets but can work for over 100 amp panels that usually were still in a 14-1/2 inch wide cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.