Medical update

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, a very Merry Christmas to all.

Second; here is the update on my medical saga.

The results of the latest biopsy came back and Thursday my oncologist reviewed the treatment plant with us. I will start with a 4 cycle chemotherapy of two drugs. Each cycle is 3 weeks long. After the 4 cycles a PET scan will show the effectiveness of the drugs by showing how much, if any, shrinkage of the tumor(s) occur.

He is performing further genetic testing to see if the non-small cell, adenomic carcinoma is a variant that they have a lock-and-key solution which is a curative solution. The chance is 1 in 25.

The current status is that my disease is treatable, but not curable. Eventually the cells mutate where they no longer respond to the chemo. This could happen sooner, or later.

Obviously we hoped for - perhaps against hope - for better news, but I am OK with it. As I said: it is what it is.

So just as I have been given a new chance for life, I believe that chance still exist.

Our 'kind' don't believe in miracles, we absolutely depend on them.

Praise Heavenly Father for my life and Merry Christmas to all - again -: the Greatest Gift humankind ever received.

Blessings,

Laszlo

G._S._Ohm

In "How math can save your life" the author used Game Theory to decide the best decisions to make in his contest against his 'opponent', which was Nature, cancer, your DNA profile, etc.

I hope your doctor has software that steps him through these decisions; it can count as a credible second opinion.
The more data your doctor has, the more 'conditional probability' figures into this.

BTW, a male non-smoker in the US in his mid-sixties has about 15 years, with a 1% chance of making it to 100 and 1 in 25 of making it to 97.

Last edited:

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Laszlo, we look foward to reading your posts for many years to come.

Merry Christmas to you and yours and may God bless.

Roger

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
I agree, and have high hopes for you.

As I do!
I was in Houston 2 years ago and kicked around the idea of seeing if we could meet.
Didn't have the time.....
You seem to be a man that I would like if we met.
Praying for you.

Besoeker

Laszlo

Very best wishes for the festive season and for 2013 from across the pond.
The one in 25 isn't such long odds. I suffer from a condition where there is a one in four chance of getting bowel cancer after seven years of it. I've had it for over thirty. I'm currently awaiting the results of the most recent tests. They will be what they are.
What can one do but get on with life? I hope it doesn't become too much of a burden for you and you continue to show the fortitude that you have.

B

JDB3

The doctors are right as they see it. BUT it all depends on what the LORD says!! A man that went to the church that I attend was told that he had cancer. 1st doctor that he went to, told him that he had never seen that form of cancer cured. He told me the story & wanted to go to another doctor. I went with him. The 2nd doctor said that they had seen 50% recovery from it. He was cured. Listen to what the LORD say into the situation, and receive it.........

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist

The results of the latest biopsy came back and Thursday my oncologist reviewed the treatment plant with us. I will start with a 4 cycle chemotherapy of two drugs. Each cycle is 3 weeks long. After the 4 cycles a PET scan will show the effectiveness of the drugs by showing how much, if any, shrinkage of the tumor(s) occur.

He is performing further genetic testing to see if the non-small cell, adenomic carcinoma is a variant that they have a lock-and-key solution which is a curative solution. The chance is 1 in 25.

Blessings, Laszlo

I think we all know that the 1 is YOU. :happyyes::happyyes: I think the doctors were referring to you. You weren't paying attention because you were too busy at the doctor's office looking around at the electrical installation and finding code violations.

Last edited:

LEO2854

Esteemed Member

The current status is that my disease is treatable, but not curable. Eventually the cells mutate where they no longer respond to the chemo. This could happen sooner, or later.

Obviously we hoped for - perhaps against hope - for better news, but I am OK with it. As I said: it is what it is.

So just as I have been given a new chance for life, I believe that chance still exist.

Our 'kind' don't believe in miracles, we absolutely depend on them.

Praise Heavenly Father for my life and Merry Christmas to all - again -: the Greatest Gift humankind ever received.

Blessings,

Laszlo
Merry Christmas Laszlo:thumbsup: God bless you.:)

The chance is 1 in 25 ,good because you will win and have more happy new years than I,,I will pray for just that:thumbsup:

jusme123

Occupation
JW
Lazio, wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, continually keeping you in my thoughts and prays .

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Best wishes and fight hard, Laszlo.

One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was from a friend and it fits so many things, it was a simple phrase, "don't let the bastards win.":)

Enjoy your holiday's and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.