Would you accept?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nietz001

I have a large mobil cooler with a gen set that is not labeled. The cooler is intended for temp stotage for a renovation so it falls under temporary installations as identified in art 590.3 (A). Since this is a temporay installation would any of you inspectors allow this equipment to be used even for temporary? I seem to remember temp equipment could be installed for up to 18 months if it was considered experimental equipment.
Jeff

jumper

I have a large mobil cooler with a gen set that is not labeled. The cooler is intended for temp stotage for a renovation so it falls under temporary installations as identified in art 590.3 (A). Since this is a temporay installation would any of you inspectors allow this equipment to be used even for temporary? I seem to remember temp equipment could be installed for up to 18 months if it was considered experimental equipment.
Jeff

What equipment or wiring are you considering experimental? The cooler or the unlabeled genny? Both?

590.3(C) Emergencies and Tests. Temporary electric power and
lighting installations shall be permitted during emergencies
and for tests, experiments, and developmental work.

This section makes no note of 18 months.

ceb58

Jeff
I'm having a hard time seeing where it is an NEC issue in the first place. Not enough info. Are you using the gen. for power to the unit? Are you running temp. power from a building?

Status
Not open for further replies.