MCA and MOCP for HVAC equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Cook

I am working on a project in Dallas as the Cx agent for our company, the electrical sub on the project insists that the mechanical contractor is responcialbe for providing ALL the MCA and MOCP data for all mechanical equipment. A lot of the equipment is not air conditioning equipment, but stand alone pumps and fans. What authority determines who supplies this infomation?
Thanks for you help

cppoly

The mechanical contractor should have the mechanical schedules which list all the mechanical equipment specs including electrical information. Air conditioning equipment should have MCA and MOCP without needing any calculations. For fans and pumps, those would have to be calculated by the electrical engineer or electrical contractor, but the electrical information should at least be provided to him for him to calculate

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
The mechanical contractor should have the mechanical schedules which list all the mechanical equipment specs including electrical information. Air conditioning equipment should have MCA and MOCP without needing any calculations. For fans and pumps, those would have to be calculated by the electrical engineer or electrical contractor, but the electrical information should at least be provided to him for him to calculate

All of this information would be need just to size the service, I would think that the mechanical engineer who is designing the system would be responsible for providing the information.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
I am working on a project in Dallas as the Cx agent for our company, the electrical sub on the project insists that the mechanical contractor is responcialbe for providing ALL the MCA and MOCP data for all mechanical equipment. A lot of the equipment is not air conditioning equipment, but stand alone pumps and fans. What authority determines who supplies this infomation?
Thanks for you help
Pumps and fans don't have that type of information...all you get is phase, voltage and hp.

Status
Not open for further replies.