Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!

314.28 Conduit Bodies

• As an inspector I often enforce it

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • As an inspector I seldom enforce it

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • As an electrican I see it enforced

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • As an electrican I never see it enforced.

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hardworkingstiff

I voted that it is not enforced, but I just wanted to be clear that if the markings of the conduit body are exceeded it is indeed enforced. The enforcement that is not followed is for more smaller conductors than marked (calculated as shown in the Carlon later linked in the other thread).

renosteinke

Are you kidding me? I don't see box fill or conduit fill enforced, either.

To do so would mean killing power, suiting up in PPE, opening or removing covers, verifying power is off, removing PPE, counting, calculating, then putting it all back together. I just don't see that sort of inspection happening.

hardworkingstiff

Are you kidding me? I don't see box fill or conduit fill enforced, either.

To do so would mean killing power, suiting up in PPE, opening or removing covers, verifying power is off, removing PPE, counting, calculating, then putting it all back together. I just don't see that sort of inspection happening.

I don't follow, you have to have inspections before the power is turned on.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Where is the poll choice;

As an electrician I don't push the issue, gutters aren't that much more expensive than large LB's?

DSCN0516.jpg

314.28 Conduit Bodies

For 4 AWG and larger, the L dimension is very important. Cable during cable pulling shall not be sacrificed to be out of its bending requirement. A code violation would exist at the time of pulling. Technically, insulation of cable is at stress condition and perhaps life of insulation will easily deteriorate like here in hot countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.