400A metered disconnect earth ground lug location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theophilus

Hi all,

This is the first time I've installed one of the newer 400amp metered disconnects. The metered portion is on the left, the two disconnects are on the right. One of the main breaker disconnects feeds a breakered portion with feed through lugs on the bottom. This breakered panel portion is getting its neutral by jumping a factory set 3/0 from a lug on the right side terminal bar of this "panel portion" back to a lug on the main bus feeding from the meter side of the whole box.

In this same area where the lug is on the main bus for the neutral, there is another lug large enough to accept the other neutral and two grounds to feed to my 2 200a breaker boxes. The the right side terminal neutral bar for the breakered panel portion is bonded to the left terminal bar of this breakered section with a lug that looks large enough to support my other neutral going to one of the 2 200a breaker boxes.

My question is, where should the ground be bonded to all of this. I see no lug on the main busbar for the earth ground. The only thing I could think of doing would be to get one of the lugs to fit the GE terminal bars to put the load neutral of the panel portion on the right side terminal just under the factory set neutral. I could then use the lug on the left side terminal for my ground to the 200amp panel. Which would free up one of the smaller lugs on the main neutral bus.

I'm not sure if any of you guys have ever dealt with this, but a bit of insight would be appreciated.

Thank you!

kwired

Electron manager
Any extra lugs in the meter side of the cabinet?

Maybe you are supposed to purchase a grounding lug kit separately?

Maybe the load side neutral lug is designed to accept single or two conductors (which is not that uncommon on 400 amp and higher equipment) and by placing both outgoing neutrals in that lug you will free up another lug?

Just some possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.