Code book questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWinters

I am looking over E2 test question samples and cant find the location of some answers. One is bottom of extension ladder placement from the building per height of top. Free fall arrest, maximum fall distance. And distance tools can be stored from an excavation?Thanks for your imput.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Safety requirements for Construction, Performance, Use and Care of Extension Ladders can be found in the following standards:
  • ANSI A14.1 (Portable Wood Ladders)
  • ANSI A14.2 (Portable Metal Ladders)
  • ANSI A14.5 (Portable Reinforced Plastic Ladders)
However it may be available somewhere on the web

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
I found this

ANGLE OF INCLINATION. Extension and straight ladders should be erected at a pitch of 75 ? degree for the horizontal for optimum resistance to sliding, strength of the ladder, and balance of the climber. To create the 75 ? degree angle, the ladder should be one foot away from the wall for every 4 feet of the ladder?s length to the support point. This is known as the one-quarter rule.

102 Inspector

Occupation
Inspector- All facets
75 degree angle is also the angle taught during firefighting training. This is typically taught as standing facing the ladder with your toes on each beam at the base. When your arms are fully extended in this position, you have the working angle for fire ground.

JWinters

I found this information in an osha report on the web.

? All materials in proximity to the excavation site must be stored, arranged, or secured in such a manner as to prevent the material from accidentally falling into the trench so that Fall Hazard Injuries can be prevented. Keep all materials at least two (2) feet away from the trench.

Is there material that you can bring to the E2 exam that would have these requirements in them along with ladder and harness safety?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
I don't know what an E2 exam is like as we don't have that here. I would call the sponsor of the exam and see what is allowed as it may not be the same in different areas

Gregg Harris

Occupation
Electrical,HVAC, Technical Trainer
I found this information in an osha report on the web.

? All materials in proximity to the excavation site must be stored, arranged, or secured in such a manner as to prevent the material from accidentally falling into the trench so that Fall Hazard Injuries can be prevented. Keep all materials at least two (2) feet away from the trench.

Is there material that you can bring to the E2 exam that would have these requirements in them along with ladder and harness safety?

all three questions are in OSHA 1926 and you can take the manual, your NEC/05/08 code book and several others with you 70 questions 180 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.