Cam-Lok --Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steviechia2

I need some help. I need to power a temp heater that has cam-Loks on the end of 4/0 wire
How does it get installed to the disconnect? Could I just go through the bottom with a kellum grip/connectors or
would I set up a jbox next to disconnect with female cam-lok receptacles?
My suppliers have no clue as far as the products.
Thanks

I need some help. I need to power a temp heater that has cam-Loks on the end of 4/0 wire
How does it get installed to the disconnect? Could I just go through the bottom with a kellum grip/connectors or
would I set up a jbox next to disconnect with female cam-lok receptacles?

Both will work. Usually you see pigtails (bare end to camlok) hanging out of the disconnect through a bushing/connector with a rope for strain relief. The temp power supplier should have these ready to go as well as extension cables, and most inspectors will allow them for temporary use. Be aware that they're fine-strand cable, so the disconnect lugs need to be able to handle that, and not all are rated for it.

You can also buy junction boxes with panel-mount camloks; I get them from Trystar, but other companies can supply. Wouldn't bother with one unless you'll do this more than once or the AHJ insists.

Status
Not open for further replies.