Generator fuel supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

scnkapc

The NEC, Article 700-12(b)(3) allows an exception to the required on site fuel supply when approved by the authority having jurisdiction. However, all the other conditions must comply. An engineer is saying that the exception is just for one supply line of utility owned natural gas as the fuel source. I'm arguing with them because 700.12 (B) (3) is for a dual fuel supply for a generator set. If they only have natural gas as a fuel supply with no secondary fuel source, does the exception still apply?

ceb58

The NEC, Article 700-12(b)(3) allows an exception to the required on site fuel supply when approved by the authority having jurisdiction. However, all the other conditions must comply. An engineer is saying that the exception is just for one supply line of utility owned natural gas as the fuel source. I'm arguing with them because 700.12 (B) (3) is for a dual fuel supply for a generator set. If they only have natural gas as a fuel supply with no secondary fuel source, does the exception still apply?
That is what the exception is for. It is an exception to 700.12 (B)(3)requiring duel fuel. The AHJ can say that only one utility owned line is acceptable but in this day and age I don't know if they would put them self's out on that liability limb.

Status
Not open for further replies.