Flat pricing literature

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgelectric

Hey Guys,
Does any one use flat rate pricing books that they would recommend?
We would like to implement a system with our service guys to price work while onsite.

wolfman56

The link that Edward shows looks to be a really good system for primarily service work. And this forum has many contractors that are vary biased in favor of the system because it has worked very well for their business model.

In my case I chose to go with, www.TurboBid.com, because it fits best with what we do. I do not need some of the features of the other system. And its a one time purchase instead of perpetual payments.
But that's because were a father and son shop, we are tiny but do a large variety of commercial or residential work. So with this I can do bids on any type of work, print a flat rate book, or just have it on a laptop to get an immediate price on anything.

Rick

btharmy

The link that Edward shows looks to be a really good system for primarily service work. And this forum has many contractors that are vary biased in favor of the system because it has worked very well for their business model.

In my case I chose to go with, www.TurboBid.com, because it fits best with what we do. I do not need some of the features of the other system. And its a one time purchase instead of perpetual payments.
But that's because were a father and son shop, we are tiny but do a large variety of commercial or residential work. So with this I can do bids on any type of work, print a flat rate book, or just have it on a laptop to get an immediate price on anything.

Rick

Did you mean to say turbobid.net?

controlled

I have been using www.electricalflatrate.comhttp://www.electricalflatrate.comand have been very happy with them.

I downloaded the app from electricalflatrate.com, but it is only useable from an ipad, although their website shows pc and adroid versions. I dont have an ipad but installed on my daughters to try out. It looks real nice. If they get an adroid version ill probably give it another try.

In the meantime, i doenloaded turbobid and love it. I have it installed on my office pc, and log in with my android tablet via gotomypc.

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
I downloaded the app from electricalflatrate.com, but it is only useable from an ipad, although their website shows pc and adroid versions. I dont have an ipad but installed on my daughters to try out. It looks real nice. If they get an adroid version ill probably give it another try.

In the meantime, i doenloaded turbobid and love it. I have it installed on my office pc, and log in with my android tablet via gotomypc.

The PC version should be ready tommorow ..:thumbsup:

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
I looked at the docs this site has, seems like useful stuff, expensive but I guess that's what similiar programs go for. One question, what are they referring to when they use the term plate? You'll see a price for a task then it will say 0 plates or one plate, two plate etc.
Not sure what that means.

What did the turbo bid cost? Do they make you sign a contract?

ES2 there is no contract so if you want to stop using it ,you can::thumbsup:

wolfman56

Expensive, not at all compared to the others. And its a one time expense.

Plates refer to the top plate, of a wall. (usually the 2x4 running along the top of a wall), there is an explanation in the TurboBid Forum. O would mean there is no top plate, like in an old house with balloon framing.

RAW

Bill Ruffner

Out of the over 45,000 assemblies in TurboBid, there are over 6,000 assemblies specifically for service/remodel work. While the other 39,000 assemblies reflect new construction labor (Based on a percentage of NECA labor units that can easily be adjusted to reflect the type of work, such as commercial, residential, industrial, etc.), the service/remodel assemblies reflect a more realistic labor unit for completing the task in a service/remodel environment.

To answer the question regarding the term plates: All assemblies that include a run of wire will have the following options:

* Open Access
* Limited Access: 0 Plates
* Limited Access: 1 Plate
* Limited Access: 2 Plates
* No Access: No access selections for 0 plates up to 10 plates

A plate is anything that you need to drill through, such as a top plate, bottom plate, fire block, stud, ceiling joist, etc.

Limited access and no access assemblies include a line item that accounts for the time required to drill/fish wire through each plate.

The price of TurboBid is normally $1,295. We are currently offering $300 off which brings the price down to $995. We also have a payment plan for four monthly payments of $275 each.

There is no contract because you own the software. Compare this with a subscription based software program that you never own and it's not a bad deal. One year of a $99 per month subscription based program would cost $1,188. Two years would cost $2,376. Three years $3,564. Etc. Etc.

If anyone has any other questions or would like a live demonstration, please let me know. You can find my information on our website. The website includes a ton of videos that will show you what TurboBid is all about if you're interested.

Best regards,

Bill Ruffner

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
The price of TurboBid is normally $1,295. We are currently offering $300 off which brings the price down to $995. We also have a payment plan for four monthly payments of $275 each.
Best regards,

Bill Ruffner
What is the situation with respect to software updates and new assemblies? Are you entitled to free updates for some period of time, or is there a version upgrade cost if someone needs a feature that is newly introduced?

Bill Ruffner

What is the situation with respect to software updates and new assemblies? Are you entitled to free updates for some period of time, or is there a version upgrade cost if someone needs a feature that is newly introduced?

We all continually adding new features to TurboBid throughout the year. Everytime the software is opened, the server is contacted to see if an update is available. If there is, the user is provided with a description of the update and is prompted if they want to install the update. If yes, the new features are downloaded and installed. This service is provided for free for the first six months.

We are close to releasing a new feature called TurboCloud. Following are a few of the features in TurboCloud:

* We will host TurboBid's master database on our cloud based SQL Server. When we add new material items and assemblies to our master database, you will be notified and then be able to select which ones you want to download and add to your TurboBid database.

* It will include a TurboBid community sharing application where you can view new material items and assemblies that other TurboBid users have created. You'll also be able to select which of these user added items and assemblies that you want to download and add to your database. This is going to make our already substantial database simply expand by leaps and bounds by harnessing the power of TurboBid users from around the country.

* You can choose to update your Trade and Target material prices to reflect current prices.

* We will be able to host our customer's databases on our cloud based SQL server. This will allow you to access your database in the clouds from multiple computers and locations as well as give you the ability to work off-line in the event that there is no internet service. The problem with programs that rely strickly on the internet is that it is not always reliable.

TurboCloud should be completed and available to our customers within the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.