Caddy all-in-one

Status
Not open for further replies.

John120/240

Pretty slick. I see that the back of the box comes off for making conduit connections etc. What is the price comparison with this

product vs a 4 sq box w/bracket & mud ring ? One down side is you loose the versality to change the mud ring if design changes are made ? Well thats what change orders are for. Six of one...... half of a dozen of the other

cadpoint

On a job right now that used another piece of Caddy equipment. The piece acted as a craddle that held a four square box but the kicker was that it had legs that brouhgt the box up to eighteen inches OC, and it had side braces for attachment to the vertical studs. I had not seem them yet, it was quite a lot of metal, but it was held in place.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
On a job right now that used another piece of Caddy equipment. The piece acted as a craddle that held a four square box but the kicker was that it had legs that brouhgt the box up to eighteen inches OC, and it had side braces for attachment to the vertical studs. I had not seem them yet, it was quite a lot of metal, but it was held in place.

sasco electric does something similar with TI, they use a piece of 14 gauge gal 2"
wide that has a foot the width of the track, and a straight leg off the back of the box to
keep it held forward, resting against the sheetrock on the other side of the wall...
the box comes out spotwelded at the correct height, with a single gang 5/8" ring
on it and a ground pigtail inside.

you blow them down to the floor with a LV gun, and start running MC..... the
bent metal strip holds the box flush with the face of stud, and the bent foot
off the back keeps it from falling back in the wall when sheetrocked.

but an apprentice with a rubbermaid trash can on a hand truck full of them,
tossing them out as soon as the track is blown down, can really scream...
i've seem them have whole floors lassoed together with nothing but
the track shot down, no studs at all.... made up and pigtailed, with the
MC held up by ceiling wires.... no rooms at all yet.... just a forest of outlets...

Status
Not open for further replies.