manufactured home circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

John120/240

can refer be first on circuit I'm kit feeding a gfi in kit.
do smokes have to have on circuit
does bath outlet have to be dedicated
heat tape on circuit?

I will try; Typical setup would be a 12-3 HR to the fridge. The extra circuit goes to one of your kitchen GFCI.

12-3 HR to dish washer/disposal. Extra circuit goes to your second kitchen GFCI. Smoke dectectors have a minimal draw

so common practice is to put them on with bedroom lights. Reason is if bedroom lights don't work you know the smokes

aren't working.... You can put all of the bath lights & GFCI on one 20A circuit. Second bath would require it's own 20 A

circuit. Or 15 A circuit for bath lights then 20A GFCI recptacle with load side of GFCI can protect a recptacle in another

bath room. Heat tape would go on its own 15 or 20 A circuit whatever manufacture requires.

Welcome to the Forum.
My response above is based on standard single family wood framed homes. Shouldn't make any difference.

Last edited:
me

me

does bath gfi have to be a dedicated circuit guy from hud said article 550 said so and that's mobile home not manufactued right?I want to put outside gfi on same circuit
also how many plugs and lites on 15 amp circuit
and now after we built 6 they want to eliminate dedicated refer plug and run home run to refer and then feed two gfi plugs on counter 1 of which will have a microwave plugged into it houses ur req 2 appliance cir. not true for manufactured home? what's the best way to secure romex to a metal stud?

does bath gfi have to be a dedicated circuit guy from hud said article 550 said so and that's mobile home not manufactued right?I want to put outside gfi on same circuit
also how many plugs and lites on 15 amp circuit
and now after we built 6 they want to eliminate dedicated refer plug and run home run to refer and then feed two gfi plugs on counter 1 of which will have a microwave plugged into it houses ur req 2 appliance cir. not true for manufactured home? what's the best way to secure romex to a metal stud?

I know residential requires on circuit for smokes does man. house?

oh ya we're going off 2005 code
12/3 for dish if it had one woild be black for dish and red for disp
by the way.....

I have 25 yeara exp...
res. com. ind. but never manufac. home

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Look at your definitions of mobile home and manufactured home in Art 550. You will note the Code states "for the purpose of this Code,,,mobile homes includes manufactured homes".
If HUD is involved, it wires to Art 550, however, you also need to know which Code cycle thy are enforcing. For example, the HUD approved manufactured/mobile homes delivered in this area do not comply with '-08 550.25.
HUD rules !

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
If it's a new manufactured home and is to display a HUD sticker, you would need to wire it to your HUD inspector's specifications. Section 90.7 of the NEC stipulates that inspection authorities operating under NEC guidelines accept the HUD inspection.

Status
Not open for further replies.