400 amp all in one

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbymari

Are there any 400 amp residential all in one meter mains w/ load centers out there that use an actual 400 amp disconnect? I've seen plenty of the all in ones with a 200 amp main supplying the load center plus and extra space for another 200 main. What I'm after is a meter main/load center with a 400 amp main that supplies power to the load center below it not (2) 200's

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Are there any 400 amp residential all in one meter mains w/ load centers out there that use an actual 400 amp disconnect? I've seen plenty of the all in ones with a 200 amp main supplying the load center plus and extra space for another 200 main. What I'm after is a meter main/load center with a 400 amp main that supplies power to the load center below it not (2) 200's

Yes but you don't want to get one. I priced a 32 or 400 cir. all in one with a 400 amp main and I was told it would be over $4,000. Cutler Hammer was the brand I priced

I did a 400amp service change (existing service was Zinsco) with a generator install, so needed a true 400amp service.

I ordered a 400amp panel board w/ main from SqD plus all breakers and a 400amp meter base from Milbank. Total cost was $1470.

You can pm me and I'll fax you the invoice with the part numbers.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
I did a 400amp service change (existing service was Zinsco) with a generator install, so needed a true 400amp service.

I ordered a 400amp panel board w/ main from SqD plus all breakers and a 400amp meter base from Milbank. Total cost was $1470.

You can pm me and I'll fax you the invoice with the part numbers.

Is this for a meter main panel- weatherproof setup?

I couldn't seem to send an attachment to a pm, so I'll just post it here.

I was unable to find an "all-in-one", so I used components to build it (meter base + panel board)

Here is the original invoice for the equipment.

Keep in mind that you will need a meter base that matches your POCO's requirements.

Hope it helps.

Attachments

• 400amp genset panel equip.pdf
    146.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
When I go to schneider electric I can only get an 8 circuit 400 amp panel and that was list price of $4151.00. I was talking a 40 cir. panel list price-- Not sure what the op needs.

When I go to schneider electric I can only get an 8 circuit 400 amp panel and that was list price of $4151.00. I was talking a 40 cir. panel list price-- Not sure what the op needs.

Note that this was a special order item, but it was shipped within a couple of weeks. Pretty common to order custom panel boards.

Wish I'd taken a picture of the service. :( Worked well though, and much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.