Introducing the General Electrical Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Despite the numerous topic areas here at Holt's, we still have threads that really don't fit anywhere. Hence, the creation of the General Electrical Forum. (Maybe now we won't see so many threads started with, "Well, I didn't know where to post this..." ;) )

Additionally, over the next week or so, as links in the main website (www.mikeholt.com) are changed, a few forums will be merged together and eliminated.

The Instructors, Continuing Education and Exam Preparation forums will be merged into a new forum titled "Education" with a subheading stating the functions of the merged forum. The reason is because the topics are similar enough that they often catch each others threads inadvertently anyway, and one forum can serve the three topics as well.

UL Issues and the Power Quality & Surge Protection forums are going to be eliminated, and have their contents dumped into this General Electrical Forum. Those forum areas were used infrequently, adding unnecessary clutter to the main forum page.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I like whats happening around here lately, thank you all for your efforts. I would be very pleased to see MH regain it rep as the premier forum for the industry.:thumbsup:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Long overdue but I am glad it is here. It seems like my threads often fell into that abyss so the general electric forum will be perfect.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Glad to hear that! I have asked a few times about not really having the proper category for a thread. Was asked for examples but it had been awhile and I couldn't think of any examples.:ashamed1:

I was just told to dump it in the NEC forum as that was what caught most of the stuff that didn't have the proper forum.;)

John120/240

If we had a forum for every area of the code we have have too many forums. I am not sure that more forums would go over well. Let's see what others say.

That's awfully specialized.

My goal in initially bringing this up was to reduce the number of topic areas. :)

The Forum is just FINE as it is. You have added Campfire Chat :thumbsup::thumbsup: General Electrical:thumbsup: You can always

go over there ET if one desires more pictures & stuff. Plus the members & moderators are what make this the go to forum

I'll buck the trend, I like the separate UL and power quality areas. True that they're not that heavily used, but they're both nice specific areas, and being separate, it's easy to see when they're something new in them. (And also I don't thing there are too many areas.)

jumper

I liked it better why back when it was all one...no separate forum areas.

caution_grumpy_old_man_hat-p148129697875575211enqce_216.jpg

:p

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Despite the numerous topic areas here at Holt's, we still have threads that really don't fit anywhere. Hence, the creation of the General Electrical Forum. (Maybe now we won't see so many threads started with, "Well, I didn't know where to post this..." ;) )

Additionally, over the next week or so, as links in the main website (www.mikeholt.com) are changed, a few forums will be merged together and eliminated.

The Instructors, Continuing Education and Exam Preparation forums will be merged into a new forum titled "Education" with a subheading stating the functions of the merged forum. The reason is because the topics are similar enough that they often catch each others threads inadvertently anyway, and one forum can serve the three topics as well.

UL Issues and the Power Quality & Surge Protection forums are going to be eliminated, and have their contents dumped into this General Electrical Forum. Those forum areas were used infrequently, adding unnecessary clutter to the main forum page.

It's done, let me know if you experience any oddities (apart from the oddities you already were experiencing! ;) )

Last edited:

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Just curious to know why you chose to call it the General Electric forum and not the Square D, Siemens or Cutler-Hammer forum. :p Just breaking chops !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.