Klien 3/4 bender

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidtite

I was bending 3/4 emt with a klien bender and my 90,s were coming out kinked .I thought it was just me but the guy that bent the bender said he was having same problem.I have not had this problem with the ideal benders has anyone ever had this problem with klien benders .

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I've found that it usually has more to do with the EMT manufacturer than a specific brand of bender. We've had a few bundles of 1" EMT that all kinked when using multiple different make hand benders. That's not to say that the bender you're using is faulty.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I've found that it usually has more to do with the EMT manufacturer than a specific brand of bender. We've had a few bundles of 1" EMT that all kinked when using multiple different make hand benders. That's not to say that the bender you're using is faulty.
I agree. Variations in the steel.

One possible remedy is to bend handle up, with bend area of conduit on solid flooring, and applying a lot of foot pressure, rather than relying totally on handle leverage.

hurk27

I have found this problem also with some conduit coming from China and or other countries, also some cheap manufactures are hot dipping their tubing and it is resulting in a very rough interior of the pipe making pulling conductors very hard as well as damaging conductors, so watch out for this also.

Status
Not open for further replies.