FMC as vibration relief

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBEW73

I could use some help. I know FMC is used when raceway is attached to vibrating equipment and is a requirement,but I am unable to find in the NEC which Art. defines or requires it. I have read thru 348,430. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanx

ceb58

I could use some help. I know FMC is used when raceway is attached to vibrating equipment and is a requirement,but I am unable to find in the NEC which Art. defines or requires it. I have read thru 348,430. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanx
Don't know that it is a true requirement more than an industry standard and workmanship issue. Look at 356.10 (1)

templdl

Don't know that it is a true requirement more than an industry standard and workmanship issue. Look at 356.10 (1)
Vibration is like heat, how much vibration is like saying something is hot when you explect it to be cool to the touch and it is actually luke warm. You should be refering to the temperature is degrees.
Hense, vibration should also be defined. Otherwise it is a matter if an individual judgement which will be different for each one of us.
As such OP would probably need to use their professional judgement whether they feel FMC is necessary.

IBEW73

Thanks for your responses gentelmen, seems that after over 20 yrs in the trade I've confused whats SOP w/ code requirements. Thanks for the help:D

Status
Not open for further replies.