Anybody do work for; Facility Solutions Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfman56

Facility Solutions Group
2525 Walnut Hill Lane, Suite 400
Dallas, Texas 75229

I'm considering doing work for them at chain stores nearby. Just not sure if I really want to, and wondering how long they take to pay, and how much they pay.

Rick

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
I've worked for these types. You need to careful of their contracts.
Paywhen get paid
lein release before pay
Hold harmless
Have the right to seize your material and tools to finnish the job.
Most of the time they pay. Other times you wish you never got involved.

GUNNING

a lizard thinks "food" or "not food", thats it.

a lizard thinks "food" or "not food", thats it.

Service companies are number 3 on my do not do list. It is not profitable.
They are like dealing with snake oil salesmen.

satcom

Facility Solutions Group
2525 Walnut Hill Lane, Suite 400
Dallas, Texas 75229

I'm considering doing work for them at chain stores nearby. Just not sure if I really want to, and wondering how long they take to pay, and how much they pay.

Rick

Don't worry abut getting paid, most of them pay so little they will get the small check they will owe you, fast, we got sucked into answering a service call for one of these service companies, they paid us $20 and billed the store $250 for the service call.

What we do now is tell them we will make the service call for them but the store will have to pay our rate in advance on a credit card before be leave the shop, they hang up, that can't find a fish.

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
Black Market GL Policies

Black Market GL Policies

Don't worry abut getting paid, most of them pay so little ..they paid us $20 and billed the store $250 for the service call.

Consumer Reports, and JD Power & Associates both publish studies on customer & vendors issues with Home Warranty services. While vendor General Liability (GL) insurance is ignored in these consumer studies, Home Warranty and less vilified Facility Maintenance companies may be using the same uninsured-vendor base.

Proof of vendor "General Liability" (GL) is mandatory for most of these providers, a traditional barrier to entry, but since licensing requirements vary by State some providers are using a mixture of un/licensed vendors.

In States with licensing exceptions, such as the $500 limit in CA, providers can toss minor services to bottom feeders who troll craigslist, operate out of their trunk, live under a bridge, or at home with mom & dad.

My first GL-insurance agent specialized in Spanish-speaking clients, landscapers, roofers, contractors, and house keepers. Policy underwriters seemed to accepted (GL) insurance premiums from anybody, regardless of licensing, or undocumented illegals.

Demanding these underwriters prove my coverage during renewal finally got one to admit, "where unlicensed contractors are concerned their is no law against collecting premiums for policies that may be found invalid." It appears, years of legal president from both State-civil courts and Government-contract disputes have become unified against any obligation to hear legal claims, where unlicensed contractors are concerned.

If liability for such cases is only settled by property owners enduring expensive court battles against the bad-faith insurers who deny claims, the end result is the insurance industry has enriched itself with premiums from invalid GL policies, used to qualify unlicensed contractors for work. When hacks present these invalid policies to the trade-services market, it naturally gets flooded with unlicensed-bottom feeders, traditionally associated with underground economies.

__dan

Demanding these underwriters prove my coverage during renewal finally got one to admit, "where unlicensed contractors are concerned their is no law against collecting premiums for policies that may be found invalid." It appears, years of legal president from both State-civil courts and Government-contract disputes have become unified against any obligation to hear legal claims, where unlicensed contractors are concerned.

Yikes and yup.

It is to be expected the insurance company position would be "we do not insure for illegal work". Or if they have to pay there may be a valid counterclaim (imo). (something that has been on my radar and am waiting for that particular chickenhawk to come home to roost)

Status
Not open for further replies.