Sleeving SEU/SER in PVC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the feed back guys. The SER is running from the panel through the basement but when entering outside it will go through a pvc stub with a 2 screw squeeze connector. The stub goes through to the outside of house then LB up into Meter pan. The SER that runs through pvc will be stripped.

Thought the highlighted part above was a violation unless the individual conductors are factory labeled.....and the bare ground wire would be an impossibility:?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Thought the highlighted part above was a violation unless the individual conductors are factory labeled.....and the bare ground wire would be an impossibility:?
Perhaps technically but you would know it is part of an se cable and we know they are rated for wet location so I don't se an issue. I see it done here a lot but I imagine that it is a violation just as nm cable enter the back of an outdoor panel thru a sleeve would be.

I have a job to move a 400 amp service. All the nm cables are under the house and will reach the new panel however I installed a box on the exterior and will have to splice all the nm cables and add 2 feet of wet rated wire to go up to the panel. I think that is a worse install then just putting the NM cable straight thru to the panel. The inspector agreed esp. since the raceway was vertical.

iwire

Staff member
I would use an elbow in lieu of an LB. There is no way that SE cable in an LB can be complaint when enforcing 338.24.

Am I the only one who has a problem with the SER in an LB conduit body?

While I do agree, I will say that vitally all SE installs violate this rule. when we leave the bottom of the meter socket and drop down and enter in the rim joist the bend will be close to a sharp 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.