Concrete Pole Bases

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSXR600

Hi,
Does anyone have a detailed pread sheet for taking off concrete pole bases. I am working on building an assembly in my estimating system however was hoping to see what other professionals are using.

Thanks,

hurk27

Hi,
Does anyone have a detailed spread sheet for taking off concrete pole bases. I am working on building an assembly in my estimating system however was hoping to see what other professionals are using.

Thanks,

Do you think you will be able to cover all the variables as no two pole bases are alike for different jobs, each can have many different requirements as well as cost, they can be flush with the ground raised above the ground, square, stone/brick faced, then there is the size and amount of concrete each will take as well as the re-bar cage?

bradleyelectric

Do you think you will be able to cover all the variables as no two pole bases are alike for different jobs, each can have many different requirements as well as cost, they can be flush with the ground raised above the ground, square, stone/brick faced, then there is the size and amount of concrete each will take as well as the re-bar cage?

Are you trying to say it is not possible to properly do an estimate for a project that would include a pole base?

hurk27

Are you trying to say it is not possible to properly do an estimate for a project that would include a pole base?

No
Just pointing out that there are so many variables it would seem that the spread sheet would be quite big.

You could build one for basic bases and leave custom bases set for manually entering the info and build a data bank for some of the different styles of bases, and leaving things open input as concrete pricing as well as cost of facing the above ground part of the base that you might sub out to lets say a mason and other variables that change often, I guess I brought this up because at the last company I worked for we did allot of custom fancy bases, some stone covered some brick faced, most of our parking lot bases were extended above ground and large enough to stop a vehicle from knocking over the pole in the event of someone accidentally bumping the base, many of these were faced with stone or brick depending upon what the customer or architect wanted, so we had many variables to deal with.

Also many of the prices around here can change on a day to day bases, such as concrete, and mason work as well as other things.

Sometimes we would just sub out the bases to concrete companies which would also leave a variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.