New arrangement of unit substation

Status
Not open for further replies.

m sleem

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Genuine Females
Occupation
Health
Are we able to separate the transformer & switchgear If we have electrical unit substation in very tight space ? If yes, could the LV switchgear be aligned to the wall?
Please advise for the new arrangement.

m sleem

Occupation
Health
I know this thread related to manufacturers only. But experts could help.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
I would think the LV gear could be placed anywhere you desired as long as 110.26 and 230.21(C) were addressed.

Are we able to separate the transformer & switchgear If we have electrical unit substation in very tight space ? If yes, could the LV switchgear be aligned to the wall?
Please advise for the new arrangement.

LV Switchgear - not switchboard - do need rear access, with the exception of Eatons front accessible dear, so they would not normally be lined up 'against' the wall.

m sleem

Occupation
Health
LV Switchgear - not switchboard - do need rear access, with the exception of Eatons front accessible dear, so they would not normally be lined up 'against' the wall.

I would think the switchboard the one that needs rear access From article 100.

Metal-Enclosed Power Switchgear. A switchgear assembly completely enclosed on all sides and top with sheet metal (except for ventilating openings and inspection windows) containing primary power circuit switching, interrupting devices, or both, with buses and connections. The assembly may include control and auxiliary devices. Access to the interior of the enclosure is provided by doors, removable covers, or both.

Switchboard. A large single panel, frame, or assembly of panels on which are mounted on the face, back, or both, switches, overcurrent and other protective devices, buses, and usually instruments. Switchboards are generally accessible from the rear as well as from the front and are not intended to be installed in cabinets.

So, the one which is included in unit substations is considered as switchboard not LV gear, isn't?

I would think the switchboard the one that needs rear access From article 100.

Swicthboards MAY be mounted back-to-back when used with unit substations, our industry would just never specify a switchboard with SUS's.

So, the one which is included in unit substations is considered as switchboard not LV gear, isn't?

SwitchGREAR needs rear access for outgoing cable connections - except the EATON special, front accessible gear. Switchboards have cables connecting adjacent to the switches, from the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.