Coke bottle generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

S'mise

Ok here's a crazy one;
I was on youtube and came across a Coke bottle plasma generator. My first reaction was this is BS.

I really thought him a nut-job when he started talking about anti-gravity.

But now I am curious. The inventors name is Keshe. He says something to the effect that the inside of the plastic bottle allows electrons orbit and a reaction is created after introducing a lemon juice type concoction. There are a few videos where a meter reads about 30v acros a few short pieces of copper.

I don't have the link but it can be quickly Googled. I thought I'd run it by my electrical experts (here)

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Ok here's a crazy one;
I was on youtube and came across a Coke bottle plasma generator. My first reaction was this is BS.

I really thought him a nut-job when he started talking about anti-gravity.

But now I am curious. The inventors name is Keshe. He says something to the effect that the inside of the plastic bottle allows electrons orbit and a reaction is created after introducing a lemon juice type concoction. There are a few videos where a meter reads about 30v acros a few short pieces of copper.

I don't have the link but it can be quickly Googled. I thought I'd run it by my electrical experts (here)

I have not checked all of the links, but the concept is totally bogus.
And on this YouTube link, you can see that the incredibly high voltage of over 60 (on the 200mv DC range) is being produced. The likely cause of that is a difference between the metallic composition of the two metal electrodes (as trivial as different amounts of solder in different places) which is forming a battery with the electrolyte being absorbed onto the inner surface of the bottle. I am not impressed. :)

PS: I suspect that the available current is also close to zero, since this appears to be a high input impedance digital meter. Just try running a motor off the close to 120 volts you can see on a similar meter as a result of capacitive coupling. :)

S'mise

Thanks Golddigger, I will check back with him when he can prove his anti-gravity theory and fly across the room.

robbietan

sounds like the "Baghdad battery" variation. instead of using a weak acid like lemon juice, they used coke which contains phosphoric acid

Ancient Aliens rule !

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
sounds like the "Baghdad battery" variation. instead of using a weak acid like lemon juice, they used coke which contains phosphoric acid

Ancient Aliens rule !
No, he used lemon-lime soda. But any carbonated beverage will contain carbolic acid just from the dissolved carbon dioxide.

I agree with goldigger, not quite as amazing as he wants you to think. On that scale, I can show a reading on just about anything. What he has there is an acid battery when the liquid was there, then a weak capacitor when it was removed. Nothing super special about that.

It definitely got more entertaining once he admitted to being drunk though.

Status
Not open for further replies.