Noalox.... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I would guess it is better for outdoor but with the new aluminum wire noalox is not required. Of course I believe this product will also help the connectivity and prevent oxidation on any conductors.

jap

Occupation
Electrician
That's good stuff.
My Dad used to come home for lunch every day and call roll on a Swan 500.
He'd sit in the back porch at night and hand write down what the Dit-Dah's were telling him coming over the air waves.
One day he hooked up an old comadore computer to the teletype and it actually would read out on the computer what was coming over , we thought we were in high cotton although he always went back to figuring it out by hand.
Between that and Ham Fest and weatherspotting he kept busy with it.

I miss it.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
That's good stuff.
My Dad used to come home for lunch every day and call roll on a Swan 500.
He'd sit in the back porch at night and hand write down what the Dit-Dah's were telling him coming over the air waves.
One day he hooked up an old comadore computer to the teletype and it actually would read out on the computer what was coming over , we thought we were in high cotton although he always went back to figuring it out by hand.
Between that and Ham Fest and weatherspotting he kept busy with it.

I miss it.

Cool!

PM me if you want more info on how to get licensed. That reminds me, we have Skywarn training in a few weeks.

I have a Swan 350. It's not my main radio, but it's the one I made my farthest contact with. Over 9,500 miles when 'conditions' were so-so. That was using no amplifier and a wire about 25 feet off the ground as an antenna.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.