feeder sizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbymari

gotta 400 amp all in one going up soon .400 amp main w/(2) 200 amp sub breakers. am I good to use the se /feeder table 310.15b(7) if memory still serves me right. being that theres 2 feeds does this still fall under supplying the total load to the dwelling? 2/0 each feed was the plan

Smart $

Esteemed Member
gotta 400 amp all in one going up soon .400 amp main w/(2) 200 amp sub breakers. am I good to use the se /feeder table 310.15b(7) if memory still serves me right. being that theres 2 feeds does this still fall under supplying the total load to the dwelling? 2/0 each feed was the plan
If one dwelling unit, 310.15(B)(7) will not be applicable to the sub feeds. If two dwelling units, each unit fed with one sub, then 310.15(B)(7) would be applicable.

kwired

Electron manager
No, neither feeder is supplying the entire dwelling load. The 400 amp service conductors however can have 310.15(B)(7) used to determine their size. Note that 310.15(B)(7) does not mention conductors in parallel though.

bobbymari

No, neither feeder is supplying the entire dwelling load. The 400 amp service conductors however can have 310.15(B)(7) used to determine their size. Note that 310.15(B)(7) does not mention conductors in parallel though.

had this feeling too , you get so use to 2/0 cu for 200 services, you sometimes forget thanks guys(age i tell ya)

Status
Not open for further replies.