Forum Reform

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATSman

ATSman
Occupation
Electrical Engineer/ Electrical Testing & Controls
I am interested in subjects on commercial or industrial issues. It seems that the general electrical forum is too broad in its scope and maybe a revision should be made. I really do not want to read about why some guys kitchen toaster is tripping
a 20A breaker. Is it me or do others feel that combining the other forums into this hodge podge is maybe not the best approach ?

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
I am interested in subjects on commercial or industrial issues. It seems that the general electrical forum is too broad in its scope and maybe a revision should be made. I really do not want to read about why some guys kitchen toaster is tripping
a 20A breaker. Is it me or do others feel that combining the other forums into this hodge podge is maybe not the best approach ?

Thanks for the input. I know some of the moderators have been working to streamline the list of topics. I'm sure they are always open for suggestions. Of course, I'm also sure they can't make it fit everyone's exact wish list.

I normally don't read the residential either (but I just happened to respond to that post about the breaker tripping :) ). I will say its usually pretty easy to sort out the residential items. If the title isn't a giveaway, I usually know after reading the first sentance or two.

kwired

Electron manager
How do you propose to weed out the questions you don't want to see?

There are many questions to be asked in some areas that apply to any type of installation, but often the application presented is a dwelling. Often questions regarding non dwellings are asked but the content of the question could apply to most any installation.

Occasionally there is a multipurpose building involved that contains both dwelling and non dwelling applications all in the same building.

IMO this is an NEC based forum and there is only limited areas NEC doesn't apply to.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
I liked the forum better in the very old days when there was only one forum. I never look at the topic areas, just the thread titles.

LEO2854

Esteemed Member

I click on today's posts and read the title of the thread,if it looks interesting ill click on it and read ,if it ends up to something not interesting to me I'll just click on new posts again and look for something good.:thumbsup:

iwire

Staff member
I click on today's posts and read the title of the thread,if it looks interesting ill click on it and read ,if it ends up to something not interesting to me I'll just click on new posts again and look for something good.:thumbsup:

Same here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.