Status
Not open for further replies.

m sleem

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Genuine Females
Occupation
Health
The generator room is away from the served building. Do we need to provide emergency panel to be located in the served building to supply the required ATSs following to 225.30? or just can we supply the ATSs direct from the generator room?
Take into account the served building is away from the gen room by 300m.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
If you can't meet the Exception in 225.32, I would say that you do,.
(There are conditions in 701 & 702 that allow you to omit the disconnect but you don't seem to qualify)

m sleem

Occupation
Health
If you can't meet the Exception in 225.32, I would say that you do,.
(There are conditions in 701 & 702 that allow you to omit the disconnect but you don't seem to qualify)
Augie
Since the two buildings are sharing the same management and maintenance(where exception1 is applicable) i would think ATSs shall be supplied directly from building outside without disconnecting means.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
In the end, I guess it's an AHJ call. I suggest you check the exception closely as the requirements can be interpreted to be pretty strict. Locally it has only been allowed at some industrial facilities with 24/7 qualified maintenance and documented procedures.

m sleem

Occupation
Health
In the end, I guess it's an AHJ call. I suggest you check the exception closely as the requirements can be interpreted to be pretty strict. Locally it has only been allowed at some industrial facilities with 24/7 qualified maintenance and documented procedures.

Now if i provide the disconnecting mean inside the served building, how can we feed the fire pump(located inside the served building)?

1-Direct after the generator and before the breaker of the generator's panel(in Gen. room)where i shall run cable for 300m.

2-Before the disconnecting mean (inside the served building)

m sleem

Occupation
Health
I would look at 700.12(B)(6)
It is not the case guschash. We have three generators working in parallel controlled by the synchronization panel. That system has to serve three switchboards located in different locations. One of those locations is served by the fire pump. I have doubt which is the fire pump has to be connected direct before the nearby panel(building served). Or just we can feed it through 300m before the generator panel(building supplied).

Thanks for your Patience.

m sleem

Occupation
Health
But, shall the ATSs be considered as disconnecting means?

Status
Not open for further replies.