wiremold 700

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim123

using wiremold 700 , box says 7 tHHN #12 can be put in wiremold.I call manufacture and he said the area is 26 squared. i'm coming from mc cable (#12) to wiremold. how many condutors can i put in this wiremold and could u please explain to me ur answer thanks for ur help.

Gregg Harris

Occupation
Electrical,HVAC, Technical Trainer
using wiremold 700 , box says 7 tHHN #12 can be put in wiremold.I call manufacture and he said the area is 26 squared. i'm coming from mc cable (#12) to wiremold. how many condutors can i put in this wiremold and could u please explain to me ur answer thanks for ur help.

386.22 Number of Conductors or Cables. The number of conductors or cables installed in surface metal raceway shall not be greater than the number for which the raceway is designed. Cables shall be permitted to be installed where such use is not prohibited by the respective cable articles.

The adjustment factors of 310.15(B)(3)(a) shall not apply to conductors installed in surface metal raceways where all of the following conditions are met:

(1)
spacer.gif
The cross-sectional area of the raceway exceeds 2500 mm2 (4 in.2).

(2)
spacer.gif
The current-carrying conductors do not exceed 30 in number.

(3)
spacer.gif
The sum of the cross-sectional areas of all contained conductors does not exceed 20 percent of the interior cross-sectional area of the surface metal raceway.

The number, type, and sizes of conductors permitted to be installed in a listed surface metal raceway are marked on the raceway or on the package in which it is shipped. This information is also available in detail in the manufacturer's catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.