Other Trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spark master

Do other trades have rules such as 70E, that cause as much "discussion" about interfering with getting the job done ?

A plumber has to turn off the water for the most part. But are there any other porofessions with this type of ruling ?

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
Do other trades have rules such as 70E, that cause as much "discussion" about interfering with getting the job done ?

A plumber has to turn off the water for the most part. But are there any other porofessions with this type of ruling ?

I'm sure that roofers have their own fall protection regulations.

kwired

Electron manager

It isn't that the trade has the rules, as much as the hazards present determine what rules need followed.

If electrical hazards are present then OSHA says we must address them, for any occupation. Electrical workers just happen to be the ones that are presented with such hazards more frequently than others.

Does a plumber have to turn the water off? If it presents a safety hazard then probably yes. The higher the operating pressure the more likely this may become. Otherwise many times they shut the water off to prevent making a big mess or to possibly prevent creating additional hazards more than any other reason.

cornbread

In the chemical business all trades are subject to rules and reg. All it takes is one careless act and you make the evening news.

This is kind of hijacking the thread, but how many trades respect the installation/maintenance requirements of others? I mean things like working clearances. I install a panel, then a plumber installs a pipe directly over it, or an HVAC mechanic installs a duct that's too close. That sort of thing. (How often is the plumber told to move the pipe vs the electrician told to move their device?)

kwired

Electron manager
I'm sure that roofers have their own fall protection regulations.
Fall protection rules for the roof apply to anybody working on that roof not just the roofers.

Same for application of 70E. Anyone exposed to electrical hazards is covered by 70E.

kwired

Electron manager
This is kind of hijacking the thread, but how many trades respect the installation/maintenance requirements of others? I mean things like working clearances. I install a panel, then a plumber installs a pipe directly over it, or an HVAC mechanic installs a duct that's too close. That sort of thing. (How often is the plumber told to move the pipe vs the electrician told to move their device?)

Quite often the electrician wins that battle, but not always. Sometimes it depends who "claimed the real estate" first, sometimes maybe one of them didn't follow plans, and didn't work things out with others if they changed things on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.