red tag garage wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rampage_Rick

recep must be GFI.
These Level 2 charging stations are basically glorified GFIs. Functionally all they do is tell the car how many amps it's allowed to draw, close the contactor when the car asks for power, and monitor for ground faults.

I have the exact same ClipperCreek unit as the OP, though mine has an L6-30P for portability.

S'mise

Tell Dick Elliot there is no such requirement, the only requirement here in Indiana (we have a state wide code) is that there must be wall surface on at least one side of the studs when running horizontal thru a wall space, Welcome to the forum and also from a local contractor from your area, I will PM you my phone number and I can tell you how to handle Hobart, They tend to play the "I'm above the state law" game.

I do see one thing which I can't say because I can't see the whole garage, but from the photo's I see the charger as hard wired to a 1900 box with out a means of disconnect within sight or a breaker lock, but like I said I can't see the rest of the circuit.

I will PM you my phone number so I can help you on how to deal with Hobart.

625.23 Says; A within sight disconnect is nesesary only if more than 60a or 150v to ground. I think its 240v 25amps

Status
Not open for further replies.