Lighting schematic for fluorescent lay in lights on contactors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy Current

Anybody know where i can find a schematic on how to wire fluorescent lay in lights using a contractor and three way light switches.

copper chopper

do the lights have only 1 ballast or more and if so are you looking to do dual-level lighting also how many lights are we talking or what is the total load...
and what is there operating voltage?

Eddy Current

do the lights have only 1 ballast or more and if so are you looking to do dual-level lighting also how many lights are we talking or what is the total load...
and what is there operating voltage?

Just one ballast per light 50 lights on one office level three switches each with a total of six in a three way circuit, 120 volts.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
The simplest way would be to wire the contactors to the three switches just like you would wire a light to the switches and then wire the actual lights to the contacts on the contactors.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Just one ballast per light 50 lights on one office level three switches each with a total of six in a three way circuit, 120 volts.

I think he meant 3 circuits or wiring paths...each circuit/path with 2 3-way switches.

Kinda confusing the way he stated it to me. Does he mean "total of six" lights or "total of six" switches?

Maybe the OP will clarify what he meant.

Flux

Funny I just posted this as a response to another post.
The way I would go about it is a latching contactor coil with momentary contact switches that way you can add a
infinite number of switches without all the travelers to pipe around:thumbsup:.

Status
Not open for further replies.