where can i find the footcandle requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crankbait09

I have a retail project that I am currently working on for the state of Indiana. Can anyone tell me where I can find the footcandle requirements that Indiana follows? I know about the IES handbook, but I was wondering if Indiana has there own guideline of mandatory light levels.

Any one know this answer?

mwm1752

2009 IBC 1006.2 Illumination level. The means of egress illumination level shall not be less than 1 footcandle (11 lux) at walking surface. This will refer to corridors / stairs/ halways,& ect, that are part of an egrees path

shamsdebout

I have a retail project that I am currently working on for the state of Indiana. Can anyone tell me where I can find the footcandle requirements that Indiana follows? I know about the IES handbook, but I was wondering if Indiana has there own guideline of mandatory light levels.

Were there any typical spaces you were looking to get recommended fc levels?

cowboyjwc

Staff member
The CA Energy Code allows 1.6 watts a square foot. So since that's a regulated number and all the retail here seems to have enough light, that may be a number you could start with.

mgookin

Interior or exterior lighting?
New construction or remodel?
If remodel, is it a change in occupancy classification?

Status
Not open for further replies.