Chinese chandelier. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
So, are you able to slide the canopy up enough to cover the contact plate and meet the ceiling? I remember you mentioning something about a rose to cover the space.

-Hal

dhalleron

The last line on the instructions:
ENVIRONMENT:
Special waste handling may be required. Please contact your local authorities for more information.

This fixture came from China for sure!

Strummed

Yes, it needed a medallion. The HO got a cheapie from home decrepot. I guess once it's painted it'll look alright - if the paint sticks to the plastic...
I keep a few of those Home Depot medallions on my truck, they work well.

A lot of the old fans that I take down have a much larger canopy. When you put up a new fan with a standard sized canopy there is a large unfinished and unpainted ring of bare plaster around it. If the customer doesn't want to worry about finishing and painting it, I am happy to sell them the medallion for a markup and installation fee :p

Also, I have taken down more than one old fan that was installed over a 6" recessed light :lol:

Finally, sometimes the old light fixture was the only thing holding the plaster up there :rant: So these medallions are definitely handy.

PetrosA

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against medallions... But there are three grades of them - plaster, coated foam and molded plastic. This was the first time I had seen a molded plastic one and for the 28" size, it doesn't exactly instill confidence. I just hope it doesn't deform once the chandelier is on for a while ;)

bobbymari

I keep a few of those Home Depot medallions on my truck, they work well.

A lot of the old fans that I take down have a much larger canopy. When you put up a new fan with a standard sized canopy there is a large unfinished and unpainted ring of bare plaster around it. If the customer doesn't want to worry about finishing and painting it, I am happy to sell them the medallion for a markup and installation fee :p

Also, I have taken down more than one old fan that was installed over a 6" recessed light :lol:

Finally, sometimes the old light fixture was the only thing holding the plaster up there :rant: So these medallions are definitely handy.
fans over a 6" recessed can, I dont care who you are thats funny right there

Status
Not open for further replies.